Dies Natalis University of Amsterdam.
The University of Amsterdam will celebrate its 379th Dies Natalis Monday January 10, 2011. The ceremony will take place in the Aula at Singel 411 (Spui).
Monday, December 20, 2010
(Amsterdam) – Entrance at 15:00, doors open at 14:30.
- Opening speech by prof. dr. D.C. van den Boom, Vice-Chancellor
- Dies speech:prof. dr. S.B.J. Menken, professor in Systematic and geographic zoology, in particular the special processes of instant speciation.
- Presentation of the honorary degree of the University of Amsterdam to:
- prof. dr. N.A. Rosenthal. Honorary promotor: is prof. dr. A.F.M. Moorman, professor in Embryology and molecular biology of heart- and vascular disease.
- A.P.M. van Liempt. Honorary promotor: prof. dr. F.P.I.M. van Vree, professor in Journalism and culture.
- Presentation of the UvA teacher of the year award 2010.